Thursday, August 9, 2012

Branching out

I've been dabbling in this blog for over two years now, with periodic thoughts to do more with it.  Write more often.  Write with more depth.  Write about actual pedagogy.  I read other teacher blogs regularly but never comment; I have never publicized this blog address in any way and no one would have reason to comment on my little anecdotes anyway.  Sometimes I think I should write better stuff and then try to connect with those other teacher bloggers.  It seems like a worthwhile thing to do, and it seems like I could get a lot out of it.

So, I saw this challenge a couple days ago and have been mulling it over since.  There are reasons to avoid it.  I'm mostly not a math teacher, I'm not a new blogger, and I'm not sure I'm cool enough (or brave enough - all those other teacher bloggers use their real names??) to be part of this crowd.  But on the other hand, what the heck.  I'm in.

What I guess I am trying to say is this: if you are reading this because you are associated with this blog initiation thing, please go easy on me.  I'm a little insecure.

No comments:

Post a Comment