Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In good company

Today I got the nicest compliment of my teaching career thus far.  I told our beloved secretary, Ms. C, that I'm leaving the school, and she did the standard few sentences about being sorry to see me go, etc.  Then she thought for a few moments and said, "I've seen a lot of people come and go over the years, but there are four that I am really, truly, sorry that we lost."  The true compliment here was the list of four: Mr. M, Mr. A, and Ms. G.  M was from before my time here, but it is a HUGE compliment to be put in the same category as the other two.  Especially A.

Also, she said, "You're going to be a master teacher.  I can just tell."  I loved the acknowledgement that I'm still a beginner.  When people claim that I am currently a good teacher, it's usually hard for me to believe.  I loved the way she put this, and I hope it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment